Sunday 8 January 2012

Introduction

This is Billy's Journey.  It is the story of how my son has coped with his battle through Leukaemia from diagnosis onwards.  Although I am starting this 20 months from when he was diagnosed I am hoping it will be a good record of everything that we have been through!

Billy is 5 now, he as only 3 when he was diagnosed.  He has faced this whole thing head on and with extreme courage. I hardy ever hear him complain even when it is obvious that he is in pain or just fed up with the constant steam of hospital visits and different treatments and medication.  I thought it is a good idea to do this to show him how proud of him I am and to show the rest of the world just how brave and strong he is!

I like to think that when he is older he will be able to look back at all this and see what he went through, how well he coped and just how amazing he is.  I hope it will inspire him to always follow his dreams and achieve everything he always wants.  It can't be easy for him at all, in fact I doubt that I would be even half as brave as him if I was in the same boat.

It is only the two of us so I think I can blog the journey we have been through and that we will still be experiencing truthfully and factually.  I hope you all enjoy reading this and agree with me how brave my son is!

2 comments:

  1. I think its a lovely way to record the ups and downs of his treatment - and the good times that you both have - when he is a lot older and hopefully forgotten a lot of this he can read it and see what a wonderful job you have done - well done and keep up with the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats what I thought too, plus its a record of how barve he is and how he can achieve so much by being positive which hopefully wil help him later on in life

    ReplyDelete